Thursday, August 11, 2011

Skill Post ② < summarize & paraphrase 4...>

1st- [Shark attacks] summarize

Many people are afraid of sharks. But you don't need to be. Because there's more opportunity to be killed by drowning and lightening than being killed by a shark in the ocean. To give you tips not to get killed by a shark in the ocean, ① Travel in a group.② Don't to into the water if you have a hurt on your body because sharks have a good sense of smell.

2nd- [4th paragraph of bear attacks] paraphrase

In Yellowstone National Park in the U.S statistics show that there are more chances to be drown than being killed by a bear. Between 1839~ 1994, 101 people died from drowning. However, only 5 people died from bear attack.

3rd- [My Experience] summarize

One day, I was going down the stairs after going to the bookstore. I was jumoing down the stairs and a bad result came to me. I fell down and it started to bleed. It bleeded a lot. Few weeks later, I was running with my friend in  school, and I hurt the same place! It was really painful.

4th- [Penguin: Source; www.livescience.com/topics/penguins/

Penguins are aquatic, flightless birds! They lay eggs, have feathers, and they are powerful swimmers. The Emperor penguin can stay underwater for 30 minutes long. They live in Southern Hemisphere including Artarctica and New Zealand.

1 comment:

  1. The phrases in the 2nd paraphrase look very similar to the ones in the original article. Try to change them up when you are taking notes.

    ReplyDelete